Once you've reserved your orientation date, preparing to attend is easy! Just follow the steps below and make time to complete each item before your orientation date arrives.
- Complete Your Placement Tests
Most students are required to take one or more placement tests to ensure they can register for classes. Make sure that you have determined which tests you need and have completed them.
Learn more about placement tests
- Complete the Advising Preparation Guide
This guide is a short introduction to advising and academic planning at IUPUI. You're going to have a lot of questions about classes and your major once you get to orientation. By completing the preparation guide, you'll have a strong understanding to help guide your decisions when registering for classes at orientation.
Visit the preparation guide
- Make Accommodations for Guests
Freshman orientation occurs over two days, and all students stay overnight in one of IUPUI's residence halls. If you're traveling from out of town and have guests, they need to make plans for where they will stay overnight.
Check out guest accommodation options
- Get Packed
Here's a quick list of things you'll want to bring with you for orientation:
- Laptop, iPad, or other electronic device.
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Your username, passphrase, and university ID number. Be sure you have set up Duo, but do not delete the app because you will need it during orientation!
- Jacket or sweater.
- Spending money for IUPUI apparel.
- Clothes for the second day.
- Sheets, blankets, and pillows.
- Washcloth and towel.
- Hygiene items (e.g., toothbrush, soap, shampoo).
- Personal items (e.g., medications, cell phone charger).
Once you've completed these items, you're all set to attend orientation. Make sure to review your confirmation email for information about where to park and where to go when you arrive on campus for orientation.